Vodafone Group plc. is a British multinational telecommunications company, operating in Asia, Africa, Europe, and Oceania. Vodafone Portugal is a part of Vodafone Group plc. and the second biggest telecommunications provider in Portugal.
- The need for a new Promotion Engine after upgrading their e-commerce technology stack.
- Finding a quick-to-integrate promotion platform that would allow the Vodafone team to meet tight deadlines for launching promotions.
- Validating discounts based on customers’ data or specific products.
They have decided to use an out-of-the-box promotion software instead of building it from scratch for several reasons:
- Not to waste development team’s effort to build a solution that already exists.
- To have a faster time-to-market of their first promotional campaigns.
- To have the possibility to quickly scale and expand the portfolio of campaigns in the future.
In a specific commercial campaign, customers got the chance to receive a discount or a special product offer by subscribing to a service or making a purchase. The eligible customers received voucher codes through SMS messages. Finally, they could redeem them in an eShop to get a discount. Here is how the promotion flow looked like step-by-step:
Voucherify helps Vodafone to diversify promotional campaigns and address customers’ needs on the scale. Their team uses Voucherify to generate coupons, track their redemption status in real-time, and export reports for further analysis. They use predominantly standalone coupons (generated via API) with product-based limits to incentivize the purchase of specific items and packages in their online store.