Time-based campaigns are a great way to drive sales in the quiet periods and attract new customers to your store, whatever you’re selling. You can sell more during more quiet times, when usually less clients come to your store or restaurant. Time-limited promotions usually have higher conversion rates than those with longer validity frames.
- Keep the promotion limit to once per customer, to protect your budget.
- Keep the validity time frame short.
- Create a recurring promotion so that your customers know what they can expect and make them regulars.
- This promotion can work well as an in-cart promotion if you want higher reach or as a unique discount code promotion if you want better tracking and fraud protection.
- This type of promotion can be also used for other than hospitality businesses, for example retail brands (as a flash sale).
- Before implementing a happy hours campaign, make sure that your business struggles with seasonality. Even more importantly, ensure that your target audience can take advantage of your offer in the specific time window. An example of a failed happy hour campaign would be offering discounted language lessons for kids during school time.