On average, 67% of customers abandon their carts on ecommerce websites. Offering limited-time discounts have become the perfect way to nudge the customers along the sales funnel.
Research says that the abandoned cart offers recover between 3% and 11% of orders. Instant messages with a 5% to 10% discount are usually enough to note a significant uplift in recovery rates.
- To protect your coupon offers from fraud, you should limit the coupon usage to once per customer or to several times per year or quarter.
- To increase the urgency of your offer, you can generate codes with a short expiry date.
- This type of campaign can also help with your up-selling and cross-selling as you may base the discount on your inventory.
- Be sure to add coupon reminders to your offer to remind customers about their unfinished orders.
- Use distribution channels that are the most convenient for customers, such as email messages, SMS, or push notifications.