- It features a fuel discount, which is the most valuable and important reward for petrol station users. It also offers other types of rewards, for example rewards on purchases in the Shell stores on the petrol stations, which is quite a wide range of rewards.
- It features “mystery” gifts that add a gamification effect to the program.
- It has smartly set limitations and timeframes to avoid program abuse.
To qualify for the rewards, after joining the loyalty program, customers have to spend £10 or more on fuel or £2 or more in the shop.
As per rewards, loyalty program members get:
- A discount on fuel every 10 visits.
- Plenty of treats and surprises along the way (not specified in the program terms and conditions).
- 10% off all hot drinks, deli2go and Jamie Oliver deli by Shell food ranges, and Shell Helix Motor Oil and Shell Super Shine car wash or Quick wash, every time and
- applicable immediately.
- £3 Shell V-Power reward for every 300 litres purchased.
There are limitations to the rewards earning and redemptions:
- Members can earn up to a maximum of three (3) Qualifying Purchases each calendar day.
- Members can use Rewards on a maximum of five (5) individual transactions each calendar day.
- Subject to the Terms and Conditions, a member may use more than one Reward in a single transaction, providing they are different Reward types. Two (2) Fuel Rewards cannot be used in a single transaction. A Member Benefit and Fuel Partner Discount can be used in a single transaction.
- All Rewards are valid for up to 30 days from the date of issue.
- Shell Go+ rewards program lacks customer segmentation and rewards personalization. If you would like to target your program better, we recommend analyzing your customer data and segmenting them, offering lower rewards to lower segments and higher rewards to higher spending segments. Also, the rewards may vary completely, one segment getting only store discounts, other fuel discounts.
- Creating a mobile app for loyalty program management is not the future, it is the current baseline. Do not use punch cards which can be easily lost or forged, switch to using a mobile app, even better if it works offline.
- If you have a mobile app, you could launch a geofence-based campaign sending push notifications with available discounts and promotions when customers are within a couple of km range from your station. That is another benefit of having a loyalty mobile app.
- One idea for segmenting customers for oil companies is B2B (taxi drivers, truck drivers, company cars etc.) and B2C clients. These tend to have different levels of spending and preferences.