You can boost your sales without decreasing prices of your products, just by donating part of your income to a charity. Such promotion can also help you with your brand image, positive PR and to bring in new customers who are concerned about the cause you are supporting.
- Pick a charity that is either somehow related to your business or that your customers care about.
- Launch such a promotion around a national event, when customers are more aware about that specific cause (Pet Day, Earth Day, etc.).
- Keep the promotion temporary, to bring in more sales during the promotion by giving it some urgency.
- Report back on the amount of donation and how it contributed to the charity. Customers feel good by doing something good and they will feel even better if they see the results of their contribution. This can help you build a better relationship with your customers.
- Keep the report of your charitable activities somewhere permanent, for example on the about us page, so that new customers can see what you stand for.