By making the event an entertaining game, you can get many participants and hopefully some buzz around it. As you place incentives that require a purchase to be redeemed, you can generate new sales. It can help you bring in new customers or re-activate the old ones. This is a great opportunity to show customers how fun your company can be.
- Give away smaller and bigger incentives, to make the game motivating (by giving bigger prizes). Limit the big prizes to the X first participants to urge customers to take part in your contest.
- Give the incentives as unique coupon codes or dedicated gift cards, to avoid fraud.
- Set up a minimum order value to redeem the incentive to ensure you meet your sales goals.
- Advertise the game among your current customers, in-venue and also to potential new customers to bring all kinds of audiences.
- Geocaching works best in open areas because of the GPS signal. As your game may bring a lot of attendees, it may also be required to have a bigger space available. Shopping malls can have quite a small area to organize such events at scale, look at nearby forests, parks or streets as well.