This strategy helps you to build a personalized customer experience. While new customer promotions can be distributed by a chatbot, other types of personalized promotions could be delivered using live customer service support, depending on the customer case/questions. You can start with live chat and move on to a chatbot once you know what you want to offer, in which scenarios, and which are the trigger words. By offering incentives via chat, you also invite customers to give you feedback, talk with you about their preferences and ask you questions, which is a source of invaluable information. The incentive brings the customers’ attention to the chat box, which could have been otherwise missed or ignored.
- Live chat can be used for other types of promotions, not only welcome coupons. You can also send “sorry” coupons via live chat in complaint cases, inform customers about flash sales or offer personalized promotions if they ask about a certain product or product category via live chat.
- You can use other live chat placements, not only the website. It can be a Facebook messenger, WhatsApp thread, dedicated live chat/help page, etc. Your customer service or automated chatbot can send the discounts to the customers in predefined cases.
- Offer unique coupon codes to the customers, as they are less susceptible to fraud.
- Make sure to set once per customer limit for the welcome promotion coupon. You can add additional limits, like minimum order value or excluding certain products from the promotion.
- Ensure the message stays visible during a customer’s session. If the message disappears once a customer checks other pages during the same session, they will not be able to find the incentive.