Kiko Milano’s Kisses Rewards Program is a great success for Kiko and helped the company to grow and expand very quickly. It is a multi-level, gamified loyalty program that offers various ways to earn loyalty points (kisses).
KIKO Kisses is run online on their website and mobile app and offline in participating shops.
The program consists of two tiers (levels):
- LOVE – requires only registering for the program.
- ADORE – requires that customers spend €200 in a calendar year already, calculated separately each year.
There are multiple ways to earn loyalty points (called Kisses):
There is a different multiplier for different loyalty tiers:
- €1 spent = 10 points for LOVE tier
- €1 spent = 15 points for ADORE tier
Customers can earn kisses (points) and get special badges. There are three types of badges to get. After unlocking all three badges, a customer gets 100 extra Kisses (points).
- Beauty Reporter Badge – to unlock, a customer must write 5 products reviews.
- Beauty Addict Badge – a customer will receive it after completing all the required profile fields.
- Social Connect Badge – a customer should log in to kikocosmetics.com from social media accounts.
There are also other rewards and ways to get them in their program:
- Welcome gift for new joiners that is 10% off on their 2nd purchase +50 points.
- €5 off coupon for customer Birthday for customers in LOVE tier, €10 in ADORE tier. Minimum spend €40, valid for 2 months after issuing.
There are specific rules for redeeming the rewards:
- After reaching 800 Kisses customers get access to a €4 coupon that they can either convert or continue collecting more points to get a higher discount.
- Customers can earn €0.50 discount for every additional 100 Kisses earned.
All points collected in a calendar year expire automatically at the end of the year. Tier assignments expire as well and 01/01 everyone starts from the basic, LOVE tier again.
- You can copy this loyalty program but you should analyse if it is good for your specific business and target audience and tweak it, if necessary.
- Resetting the program every year allows Kiko to limit the liabilities collected over the year.